Tuesday, December 30, 2008

san francisco, here i come

i came back to irvine on sunday to work at the pharmacy. after work, i went a little overboard and searched far and long to rent the complete gossip girls season 1 dvd in order to get me through the next couple of days of lounging around my apartment waiting to go to work. three blockbusters later, i have the complete first season and it is so good. but anyways, i came back to irvine on sunday and received the best christmas present in my mail box. five thousand times better than my digital camera or housebunny on dvd. it was a letter from ucsf school of pharmacy inviting me to an interview on february 20th at 11:30AM.

ucsf is the #1 pharmacy school in the nation. every year there's 1600 applicants. they interview about 250 and accept 100. to even get the opportunity to interview is just beyond for me. i submitted this application last because i never thought in my wildest dreams i would ever have a chance, let alone get an interview. i screamed and jumped around like a crazy person in my apartment. i called my parents, my pharmacist, my best friends. i think i've talked everyone's ear off about it. i don't know how this happened and i seriously think i need someone to pinch me. this is such a dream come true.

i never saw myself in san francisco, but i'm starting to think i can. it's time to grow up. i'm still waiting to hear from the other six schools i applied to, but for now i will live by the rule that "no news is good news." it's all starting to happen. ah!

2 comments:

s d v said...

GINA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EFFING EXCITED/HAPPY FOR YOU!!! -- and JEALOUS! haha I just came back from SF and the trip just made me want to live there so much more!!!

It's ironic cause I was trying to find the freeway there, took a turn, and drove by UCSF and my friend [who's in pharmacy school] said something like "oh! they have like the best pharmaceutical program!" and I IMMEDIATELY thought of you cause I remembered you stressing a lot about your applications but YAY! YOU GO, GIRL!! :]

Jamie said...

congrats sis, i am so proud of you. i love you!!!!!!!!!!